A VIRTUAL TOUR OF YOUR FIRST SKYDIVE:
You will have one hour of ground training. We will cover everything you need to know about your first jump with emphasis on exit procedure, freefall stability and control, and especially landing procedure. Significant time is devoted to your mental and emotional preparation as well as fear management techniques. Skydiving is not just another ride, you will probably experience sensory overload and tunnel vision; good mental preparation wil allow you to better internalize the experience.
You and your instructor will board the aircraft and you will have a 15 minute ride to exit altitude. All of our seats are window seats, so sit back, relax, and enjoy the scenery! If is hard to believe, but the airplane ride will actually clam you down and when the times comes, you will be good to go.
Before the door opens, you and your instructor will get hooked up, your gear will be checked again, and you will have a big smile on your face. Another deep breath, you’ll get into position, and exit, exit, exit! this moment is the peak experience, very intense. You will be scared and at the same time, more alive than ever!
Words can’t describe freefall. A couple of seconds after exit, you will get back to your senses and the fear (if you had any in the first place, ha ha) will be gone! You will experience the most euphoric sensation of flying and you rill feel free like never more!
Once our parachute opens, it is your to fly. Your instructor will assist you, however, if you prefer to, you can do all the flying; turns, spirals, stalls, parachute loops. It can be better than the most exciting roller coaster ride of your life , or a very peaceful, serene flight – whichever you like.
Almost all of our landings are soft, however, just in case, we will instruct you to pick up your feet so your instructor can touch the ground before you – this allows him to try to absorb the landing forces.
You just jumped out of a perfectly good airplane and have lived to tell the tale. You have conquered your fears and have an incredible sense of accomplishment. It will seem as though you could walk on water , that you can do anything … that is because you can!!
Our equipment and our instructors are capable of safely skydiving with people weighing up to 280lbs. However, there are some restrictions and surcharges if you weigh over 200 pounds.
- 200-240lbs -$50 surcharge, exit altitude 8,000’
- 240-280lbs – $100 surcharge, exit altitude 6,000’
The reason for the altitude restrictions is that with increased weight, terminal velocity is higher and therefore the parachute deployment is harder which in turn increases the possibility of injury as well as parachute damage. By exiting at a lower altitude, we are minimizing this risk. The lower the altitude, the slower the speed (terminal velocity), the slower the opening.
The reason for the surcharge is that heavier students put more strain on our equipment and are more demanding on our instructors during exit, opening, and especially for landing. Our instructors are experienced enough to safely skydive with heavier students, however, it is fair to pay them more for a higher workload.
EVERYTHING THAT YOU NEED TO MAKE YOUR SKYDIVE IS INCLUDED IN THE PRICE. THERE ARE NO HIDDEN COSTS:
- One hour instructional class
- Professional Tandem Instructor (USPA Certified)
- Parachute system designed for two people
- All our parachutes are equipped with an “Automatic Parachute Deployment” system for additional safety
- Your personal harness system
- Jumpsuit, goggles, gloves
- Airplane flight up to 12,500′
- Up to one minute in freefall
- Five to six minute parachute ride from 5,000′
VIDEO OF YOUR SKYDIVE
- This is going to be one of the best videos of yourself in your entire life and you will have a need to relive the experience and to share it with your friends, family, the UPS man, your favorite bartender, or random people off the street.
- The video will tell the whole story of your skydive: the training, gear up, boarding the plane, the ride up to altitude, hook up, the door opening, climbing out, exit, freefall (from a few feet away), the parachute opening, the canopy flight, landing, hugs and high fives…
- Your first skydive will be intense … its likely you will experience sensory overload, tunnel vision, and miss some (or most) of it. The video will capture everything, even that expression of terror on your face when the door comes open….
- Our videos are real time, authentic scenes of your actual skydive. They are computer edited, with great music and appropriate slow motions.. The best part, is that its ready 20 minutes after you land so you get to enjoy it here with your friends and family. Usually there are a lot of laughs, sometimes tears (of joy).
Still, after all of this being said, if you still have any doubt, we have a full satisfaction policy. If, for any reason, you are not completely happy with your video, you get a full refund.